2 tbsp. butter
½ cup flour
1⅔ cup skim milk divided
1⅔ cup chicken broth divided
1 tsp. cumin
½ tsp. paprika
1 jalapeno seeded and diced
1 lb. uncooked chicken breast cubed
2 cup diced onions frozen or fresh
2 cup sweet corn kernels (can substitute frozen corn)
½ cup pre-cooked bacon, crumbled
4 oz. goat cheese (can substitute light cream cheese)
cilantro for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan over high heat. Add your butter and flour and whisk together for a few seconds until combined, it will be a little crumbly at this stage.
2. Immediately start to add ⅔ c. milk gradually, whisking well after each small addition until it is smooth and creamy. Let cook for a couple minutes until it becomes noticeably thickened, then Add ⅔ cup chicken broth, paprika and cumin.
3. Whisk until smooth and heat on high for 4-6 minutes or until thickened. In a 4-6 qt. Crock Pot, add jalapeno, raw chicken breasts, onions, corn, bacon and remaining milk and chicken broth.
4. Add the thickened milk mixture to the Crock Pot and stir to combine well. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours until chicken is cooked through.
5. Stir in the cubed goat cheese about 10 minutes before serving so it has a chance to melt. Serve warm garnished with cilantro. Calories 396Calories from Fat 144