200 g romany creams biscuits (crust)
2,5 ml cinnamon (crust)
60 ml butter or margarine melted (crust)
3 x 250 g low fat cream cheese (filling)
250 ml castor sugar (filling)
75 ml smooth peanut butter (filling)
60 ml cake flour (filling)
4 extra large eggs (filling)
125 ml milk (filling)
1 tin caramel (topping)
200 g dark chocolate melted (topping)
1 large peanut brittle chopped up (topping)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ˚C.
2. To make the crust crush biscuits with the cinnamon added in. Add in the melted butter and mix well.
3. Press the biscuit mixture into a 24 cm loose bottom cake pan.
4. To make the filling mix the cream cheese, castor sugar and peanut butter well together. Sift the cake flour into the cream cheese mixture and mix well to combine. Whisk eggs and milk together and mix into the cream cheese mixture. Place filling into the prepared biscuit crust and bake for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes lower the heat to 150°C and bake for another 45 minutes.
6. Once time is up switch off the oven and open the oven door slightly and let the cheese cake stand in the oven for another hour before taking it out the oven.
7. To make the topping mix the caramel and chocolate together. Spoon the caramel and chocolate mixture onto the cheese cake and sprinkle with the peanut brittle. (The peanut brittle can also be added on just before serving if the cake is going to stand in the fridge till needed.)
8. Remove cheese cake from the cake pan and serve. Store cake in the fridge.