½ lb asparagus
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and ground black pepper
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half (salad)
½ medium red onions, sliced (salad)
1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped (salad)
1 cup cucumber, chopped (salad)
1 cup Kalamata olives (salad)
¼ feta cheese, chopped (salad)
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (dressing)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (dressing)
1 clove of garlic, minced (dressing)
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste (dressing)
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Break off the tough ends of the asparagus. Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss well.
3. Roast the asparagus for 12-15 minutes or until crisp-tender. Let it cold down and then slice them. Set aside.
4. While the asparagus are in the oven you can make the dressing. In a mason jar, pour the freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil. Add salt and pepper and whisk everything together. 5. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil. Taste to check the seasoning.
6. In a large salad bowl, add all the ingredients for the salad. Add asparagus in the salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
7. Top with feta cheese.