3 zucchinis, cut in a half long way
1.5 lb ground meat
8 oz portobello mushrooms, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tb spoon italian seasoning
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 egg, beaten
2 tb spoons olive oil
1 cup cheddar cheese
8 oz fresh mozzarella
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes (sauce)
1 cup tomato sauce (store bought) (sauce)
1/2 onion, chopped (sauce)
1 tsp garlic, minced (sauce)
1/2 tsp salt (sauce)
1/2 tsp black pepper (sauce)
1 tsp italian seasoning (sauce)
1 cup water (sauce)
2 tb spoons olive oil (sauce)
2 tb spoons fresh basil (sauce)
1. Scoop out zucchini with the spoon. Chop and save what you scooped out.
2. In a large skillet heat oil and brown your meat 8-10 min. Add chopped onion and sauté it for 2 min. Add chopped mushrooms, salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, red pepper. Sauté meat/ mushroom mixture until mushrooms are cooked and no more liquid left in a skillet. Add garlic and sauté another 30 seconds. Remove mixture from the heat, set it to the side to cool down.
3. After it cooled down mix in the egg and cheddar cheese. Load zucchini with the meat mixture pressing it down.
4. Start your tomato sauce.
5. Heat olive oil, add onions and sauté until onions are soft and clear. Add garlic, sauté 30 seconds. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, chopped zucchini, water. Simmer the sauce, covered with the lid on a medium low heat for 5 -7 min. Add zucchini boats, cover with the lid and simmer another 5 min.
6. After that cover zucchini with fresh mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, some Italian seasoning. Close the lid and simmer for another 3-5 min until cheese is melted.
7. Serve with rice. Garnish with basil.