2 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup low-fat swiss cheese, grated
2 teaspoons canola oil
4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon cornstarch or 1 tablespoon arrowroot
1⁄4 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
2 egg whites, beaten until stiff
1. Preheat oven to 175C/350°F.
2. Steam the asparagus in a metal steamer over boiling water for 5-6 minutes. Drain. Combine the asparagus with the eggs, Swiss. cheese, oil, and Parmesan cheese.
2. Combine the cornstarch or arrowroot powder with the chicken broth and stir until smooth.
3. Add to the asparagus mixture. Fold in the beaten egg whites until they disappear.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased souffle dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until puffed and firm.