4 to 5 sweet potatoes, peeled
3/4 lb. bacon, cooked and cut into chunks
3 green onions / spring onions, sliced
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F / 204 degrees C / Gas 6 Moderately Hot.
2. Wrap each sweet potato in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 min, or until soft.
4. Remove the sweet potatoes from the foil and let cool until safe to handle.
5. Lower the oven heat to 350 degrees F / 177 degrees C / Gas 4 Moderate. Cut potatoes into pieces and place in a bowl.
6. Drizzle with olive oil, season to taste, and toss everything together, the sweet potatoes will fall apart, but that’s normal.
7. Place the mixture in a baking dish. Scatter half the bacon and half the green onions on top of everything.
8. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and season to taste. Pour the beaten eggs on top of the sweet potato mixture and top with the remaining green onions and bacon.
9. Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the eggs are set.