1 large head of broccoli (about 8 cups, and cut into large florets)
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup melted butter
1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
2 teaspoons seasoning salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cups old cheddar cheese (cut into about 1/2-inch cubes or shredded)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (or to taste)
1. Set oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter a 2-quart casserole dish (or use any size desired to hold the broccoli mixture).
3. Steam or boil the broccoli florets until just fork tender (do not overcook) drain well then pat dry with paper towels.
4. In a medium bowl combine the mayonnaise with sour cream, melted butter, garlic powder, seasoned salt, black pepper, cheddar cheese cubes and onion; mix well to combine.
5. Add in the well-drained broccoli florets and mix gently with a spatula.
6. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
7. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
8. Bake uncovered for about 20-25 minutes or until bubbly (the cheddar cubes do not have to be completely melted!).