6 flour tortillas
2 (9 3/4 ounce) cans cooked chicken, drained
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup water
1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained or 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, not drained
2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
onions, tomatoes, salsa (optional)
1. In saucepan, add chicken, soup, water, taco seasoning, and black beans. Heat slowly and stir until heated through and bubbly.
2. Cut tortillas into quarters.
3. Cover the bottom of the 9x13 pan with about 1 cup of the chicken mixture.
4. Piece half of the tortilla wedges, jigsaw-puzzle-like, so they cover the chicken mixture on the bottom of the pan. Spread half of the remaining chicken mixture on top of the tortillas. Spread 1 cup of the shredded cheese on top of the chicken mixture. Repeat layers.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until heated through.