1 recipe Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
8 Flat Out Light flat breads
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt (to your liking)
1 tsp pepper
2 cups chicken stock (or low sodium)
4 oz chopped green chilis
1 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican blend cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray. Place 1/2 cup of chicken mixture into the center of each tortilla and roll into a burrito placing it into the casserole dish, seam side down.
3. Bake for 20 minutes, allowing burritos to crisp up.
4. While the burritos are cooking, in a medium saucepan heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth, letting it cook for 3-4 minutes to let the flour taste cook out. Add in chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, chicken stock & green chilis, whisking until smooth.
5. Bring to a low boil and then reduce to a simmer to allow it to thicken for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream & 1/4 cup cheese until well incorporated. Pour half of the sauce over the cooked burritos.
6. Return to oven and continue cooking for an additional 20-25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and edges are browned. Remove and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
7. When ready to serve place burrito onto plate and spoon over additional sauce as desired & any additional toppings you prefer. Each burrito (with 2 tbsp sauce drizzled over top) is 7 WW+ points and 303 calories.