250 ml stock
350 g mini chicken fillets
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 onion halved and chunky sliced
2 bell peppers any colours
2 tomatoes halved then quartered
4 garlic cloves minced/finely grated
1 thumb size piece of fresh ginger peeled and finely grated
1 tablespoon mild curry powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon mild chilli powder or more if you like it hot
1/4 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
1 handful fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
1. Prepare all of your ingredients, including measuring out your spices and placing them into a bowl with the grated ginger and garlic.
2. Once you are set and ready to cook, pour the lemon juice over the chicken and allow it to sit whilst you crack on with the cooking.
3. Place the oil, onion and peppers into a saucepan and cook over a medium/low heat for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
4. Once softened, turn off the heat and add the tomatoes, chicken, spices, ginger, garlic, salt and stir.
5. Pour in the stock and chopped coriander and turn on the heat to high. Bring to the boil. Once bubbling, turn the heat down slightly and let the dish bubble away for 15 minutes.
6. After about 5 minutes of cooking you can break up your mini chicken fillets in the pan with your wooden spoon.
7. Once reduced down, check that the chicken is completely cooked though and serve with wholegrain rice and some freshly chopped coriander.