1 lb . boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 yellow onion diced
3 garlic cloves minced
14.5 ounce can Italian chopped tomatoes
one handful fresh basil about 1 cup loosely packed, loosely packed, cut into ribbons
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
4 medium zucchini courgette, spiralized into spaghetti-like noodles
salt & pepper to taste
1. Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and pound each piece to an even thickness all around, about one inch or so in the thickest parts. This will help the chicken cook faster and more evenly. Once done, sprinkle each side with a little salt and pepper.
2. Add 1 tablespoons of the olive oil to a large skillet, until warm. Add the chicken and pan fry each side for several minutes until browned.
3. Once the chicken is cooked through and browned remove it from the skillet and set aside on a separate plate for the time.
4. Using the same skillet add the rest of the olive oil and being sautéing the onion until it becomes soft, about 5 minutes. Then add the garlic and sautee for another minute or so. Add the tomatoes and basil to the skillet and season with the salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
5. Simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens and reduces. Make sure to stir occasionally.
6. Add the chicken back to the skillet along with the zoodles to soak in the sauce a few minutes before serving.