raw cheese (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
2. In an oven safe skillet, we used cast iron, crumble and brown the sausage over medium heat. Once it’s brown, use a slotted spoon to remove the sausage and let it hang out while we cook the sweet potatoes. Try to reserve as much of the grease as possible.
3. Toss the sweet potatoes into the sausage grease and let them get crispy and cooked through. Add the sausage back into the pan.
4. Make a few wells in the pan–one well for each egg. Crack your eggs into the wells. Place the skillet in the oven. We’re just baking the skillet long enough for the eggs to set, about 5 minutes.
5. Now, turn the oven to broil and hit up the top side of the eggs for a few minutes, but don’t let the yolk cook all the way through–unless you don’t like runny yolks. But man, oh man, the runny yolks go down really nicely with the crispy sweet potatoes. Just sayin’.
6. Remove the pan from the oven and douse the whole thing with avocado, cilantro and hot sauce. Serve by scooping out an egg, along with its neighboring goodies, with a large spoon.