1 lb sweet potatoes, quartered
4 slices of bacon, chopped
3 green onions, sliced thinly
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
paleo cooking fat
sweet potato cake preparation
1. Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan. Add cold water to cover, and bring to a boil; then lower the heat and let simmer until the potatoes are fork tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
2. In the mean time, fry the bacon in a skillet placed over medium-high heat until crispy. Set aside.
3. Smash the potatoes in a large bowl. Shred and add the cook bacon as well as the onions and the egg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Form four patties using the sweet potato mixture.
5. In a large skillet placed over a medium-high heat, melt some cooking fat and fry the potato cakes until the outsides are golden and the insides are heated through, about 4 minutes per side.