1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces about an inch
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tbs minced garlic (sauce)
1 tbs scallions (white parts) (sauce)
2 tbs rice vinegar (sauce)
3 tbs hoisin sauce (sauce)
1/4 cup water (sauce)
3/4 cup roasted, salted cashews (sauce)
toasted sesame seeds
green parts of scallions
1. Cut chicken into bite sized chunks.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk one egg, and then toss chicken in it. Remove chicken pieces and put in a gallon size plastic bag. Add in corn starch or flour, shake to coat well.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side.
4. Add garlic and white parts of scallions, and stir fry for 1 minute. Add in rice vinegar and cook for another minute.
5. Pour hoison sauce and water over the top, and stir, cooking another couple minutes until sauce is thick and chicken is cooked through.
6. Stir in roasted salted cashews, and serve immediately, garnish with green parts of scallions and toasted sesame seeds if desired.