2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 (14 oz) can coconut milk (marinade)
1 cup chopped mango (marinade)
2 cloves garlic, minced (marinade)
3 tbsp sriracha (marinade)
1 tbsp lime juice (marinade)
2 tbsp honey (marinade)
3 tbsp olive oil (marinade)
salt and pepper, to taste (marinade)
handful fresh cilantro (marinade)
1½ cups mango, chopped (salsa)
½ cup red sweet pepper, chopped (salsa)
1 or 2 jalapenos, chopped (salsa)
¼ cup red onion, chopped (salsa)
¼ cup sliced green onions (salsa)
3 tbsp cilantro, chopped (salsa)
2 tbsp lime juice (salsa)
½ tsp. lime zest (salsa)
1. Soak the skewers in cold water for about 20 minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill and set aside.
2. In a blender, combine all ingredients for the marinade up through the salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Add cilantro and pulse until roughly chopped (I prefer larger pieces of cilantro, but you could blend this altogether at once for finer pieces). Reserve about a cup of marinade to brush over the chicken when placed on the grill.
3. Slice chicken into 1-inch cubes and pour marinade over top of chicken and let marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes to overnight.
4. While the chicken is marinating, mix together all the ingredients for the salsa in a medium bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Preheat grill on medium-high heat, making sure to lightly spray with oil to avoid sticking.
6. While grill is heating up, start threading your chicken onto the skewers (about 5 pieces each) and discard the marinade. Place the skewers on the grill, cooking the chicken about 2 to 3 minutes on each side and brushing with the reserved marinade until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Top skewers with mango salsa, serve and enjoy!