600 g lamb fillets, trimmed of excess fat and sinew
1/4 cup (60 ml) Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, blanched in boiling water for 1 minute
85 g low-fat feta
2 cups watercress sprigs
1/4 cup (40 g) toasted blanched almonds
1/4 cup (50 g) black olives
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Toss the lamb in the Worcestershire sauce, then remove and season lamb well with freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a large frypan over high heat. Cook the lamb, turning, for 5-7 minutes or until brown all over.
3. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
4. Meanwhile, slice the asparagus into 2.5cm lengths and break the feta into similar-sized pieces. Place in a bowl with the watercress sprigs, almonds and olives. Drizzle with lemon juice and toss to combine.
5. Thickly slice the lamb and serve warm over the winter salad.