2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and finely sliced
500 ml low fat/ 0% yogurt
3 cloves of garlic
60 g parmesan, finely grated
10 g cheddar, finely grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Finely slice the sweet potato, make them slices less than ½ a centimetre, around 2-3mm if possible.
2. Crush the garlic into the yogurt and stir through evenly. Start with a layer of yogurt to coat your lasagne-like oven dish.
3. Layer the sweet potato in fine slices just overlapping. Put 3-4 dollops of the garlic yogurt on top covering the sweet potato then finish with a grating of parmesan and a tiny sprinkle of black pepper.
4. Continue to layer in the same fashion and on the final layer finish the yogurt by spreading evenly, add the cheddar and a touch of salt and pepper.
5. Pop into the oven and cook for around 45-60 mins, if the top starts to brown you can cover with tin foil for the final 20 mins.
6. If you’d like to alter the recipe you could include some chilli flakes into the yogurt and garlic, they have metabolism boosting powers and would be a great addition. A little bit of mustard powder or seeded mustard through the yogurt would also give it a more savory flavour, but only a touch.