4 cups cubed day-old crusty bread (preferably whole wheat)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
1 small clove garlic
2 anchovy fillets
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
freshly ground pepper
1. Make the croutons: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Toss the bread cubes in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
2. Spread on a baking sheet and bake until crisp, tossing halfway through, about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make the dressing: Puree the yogurt, 2 tablespoons parmesan, the garlic, anchovies, lemon juice, mustard and 2 tablespoons water in a mini food processor or a blender.
4. Pound the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap with a heavy skillet until 1/2 inch thick. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; add the chicken and season with salt.
5. Brush evenly with 1 tablespoon of the dressing and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons parmesan.
6. Broil, undisturbed, until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.Toss the lettuce, croutons and the remaining dressing and 3/4 cup parmesan in a large bowl.
7. Thinly slice the chicken. Divide the salad among bowls, top with the chicken and season with pepper.