1 cup (240 ml) of red lentils (uncooked), rinsed
1 small red onion finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 teaspoon of olive oil (4 syns)
1 small red pepper, finely chopped
1 small yellow pepper, finely chopped
1 cup (240 ml) of black beans (tinned)
1 cup (240 ml) of frozen sweet corn
1 potato, peeled and chopped
3 tablespoons of tomato paste
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
1 teaspoon of paprika
freshly chopped coriander
salt and pepper to season
Frylight or Pam spray
1. Add the lentils to a saucepan of boiling hot water (480 ml) and simmer until softened, drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4).
2. Add the olive oil to a frying pan over a medium high heat and fry the onion and garlic until softened. Add the peppers and fry for a further 5 mins.
3. Stir in the tomato paste and spices (except the paprika) to evenly coat. Add to a large bowl, along with the lentils, black beans and sweetcorn and mix well. Add the potato cubes to the frying pan along with the paprika and fry until slightly softened. Add the potatoes into the lentil mix and allow to cool.
4. Once cooled add the eggs and fresh chopped coriander and mix well. Season with some salt and pepper.
5. Pour into an oven proof tray sprayed with Frylight or Pam spray and smooth over with a spatula.
6. Bake in the oven for approx. 30 mins, Mixture should be set and golden. Allow to cool slightly, then slice and serve with your choice of sides.