2 tbsp. olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 head cauliflower, grated (stems removed)
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
2 cups tightly packed green kale leaves
1-14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes (unsalted)
1 tsp salt, or to taste
1 tbsp. chili powder
1. Remove the green stems from the cauliflower and chop the head in half. Using a box grater (or food processor),grate the whole head of cauliflower (one half at a time).
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil to medium high and sauté the onion until fragrant and slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the grated cauliflower, garlic, and jalapeño to the skillet and stir consistently until the cauliflower begins to cook down and turn brown, about 5-8 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat to medium, add the kale leaves and stir them into the cauliflower rice. Cover skillet, allowing the kale leaves to soften about 2 minutes.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, salt, and chili powder, and stir them into the "rice." Continue cooking another 2-3 minutes to allow some of the moisture to burn off, stirring consistently.
5. Serve alongside your favorite meal.