4 medium zucchini (about 8 inches long)
4 t + 1 1/2 t olive oil
1/2 cup finely diced red onion
1-2 tsp. minced garlic
3 t capers
1/2 cup sliced green olives
4 t lemon juice
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 cans (5 oz.) tuna packed in olive oil, drained
6 cloves whole garlic
salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
lemon slices for squeezing on at the table, optional
1. Wash zucchini and cut off both ends. Use a Spiralizer or one of the three methods to make zucchini noodles to make noodles from the zucchini. Mince the garlic, chop red onions, and slice green olives and measure the lemon juice, capers, and red pepper flakes. Drain two cans of tuna, preferably canned tuna in olive oil.
2. Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté the onions for a couple of minutes. Add the garlic, capers, and olives, and cook one minute more. Add the red pepper flakes and stir; add lemon juice and cook another minute, then gently stir in the tuna. (Don't stir too much; you want the tuna to stay chunky.) Turn heat to low while you sauté the noodles.
3. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat in the largest non-stick frying pan you have.
4. Add the garlic cloves and cook just until you can smell garlic; then remove garlic cloves and discard.
5. Add the zucchini noodles and stir-fry just until noodles are barely starting to soften and get some garlic flavor, about 2-3 minutes. Don't overcook. Season noodles with salt and fresh-ground black pepper.To serve, put one-fourth of the cooked noodles into each bowl and top with one-fourth of the sauce. Serve with fresh lemon to squeeze on at the table.