12 slices bacon, halved
4 beefsteak tomatoes
2 pieces romaine, torn into pieces
1 avocado, sliced
2 tbsp. mayo
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Make a bacon weave: on a baking sheet, line 3 bacon halves side-by-side on the pan. Lift one end of the middle bacon slice and place a fourth bacon half on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle slice. Lay the middle slice back down. Next, lift the two side strips of bacon and place a 5th bacon half on top of the middle piece and underneath the sides.
2. Lay the side slices back down. Finally, lift the other end of the middle slice and place a 6th slice on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle slice. Repeat the weaving process 4 times. Season bacon weaves with pepper.
3. Place an oven-safe cooling rack on top of the bacon (to prevent curling) and bake until bacon is crispy, about 20 minutes.
4. Transfer bacon weaves to a paper towel-lined plate. Slice tomatoes and reserve inside tomato slices for another uses.
5. To make the sandwich, top the bottom slice of a tomato with romaine, bacon weave, and avocado. Slather top tomato slice with mayo and top on sandwich.