300 g (11 oz.) fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
50 g (2 oz.) butter
4 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
100 g (4 oz.) Cheddar cheese, grated
1 (200 g) tub cream cheese, softened
1 dash Tabasco Sauce
150 g (5 oz.) cooked ham or bacon, diced
chopped fresh parsley to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
2. In a medium pan, sauté mushrooms and onion in butter until just tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
3. Butter the bottom and sides of a 25.5 cm (10 in) pie dish. Press mushroom mixture into pan evenly on bottom and sides. Sprinkle grated cheese over the mushrooms.
4. In a blender, beat together cream cheese, eggs and Tabasco until well incorporated. Stir in diced ham. Pour over the mushroom and cheese and bake 30 minutes or until set in center.
5. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.