1 10-13 ounce can Chicken Breast, well drained (or, use leftover chicken)
1 tablespoon of butter
¼ cup Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles
¼ cup mayo
⅛ tsp onion powder
⅛ tsp cumin
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp dried cilantro (or 1 tsp of chopped fresh)
sprinkle of chipotle pepper powder (optional but really great)
salt to taste
thin sliced green onions to garnish
1. In a small nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add chicken breast, smooshing it into smaller pieces. If using leftover chicken, tear it into small pieces and heat it the same way.
3. Keep stirring the chicken in the butter till it starts to soften up and look more like fresh chicken. Add the Rotel Tomatoes, stirring well.
4. Cook until the tomatoes just start to soften and the liquid cooks away.
5. Remove from heat, and set to the side to cool. While the chicken mixture is cooling, in a small bowl mix your mayo with the remaining ingredients, except the salt.
6. When the chicken has cooled to somewhere around lukewarm, mix it into your seasoned mayo. The mayo on its own, by the way, tastes spectacular on pretty much anything. Whip up a batch just for the fridge.
7. Mix the mayo and chicken well, and taste to adjust your salt. Garnish with thin sliced green onions and a dash of cilantro when ready to serve.