1 t. butter
1 medium sweet white or yellow onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14.5) oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 lbs. cauliflower florets
1 c. fat-free half-and-half
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
1. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, for about 30 seconds. Pour in chicken broth. Add cauliflower, and cover skillet.
3. Let the cauliflower steam until fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Carefully add cauliflower and broth mixture to a blender. Add in fat-free half-and-half and dry mustard.
4. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Stir in shredded cheese, and let melt. Garnish with a pinch of shredded cheddar or Parmesan cheese, if desired.