1 c. celery, chopped
1 c. carrots, sliced
1 medium zucchini, sliced and then cut in half pieces
1 medium onion, diced
(1) 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 small can of mushrooms (you could also use fresh, if you prefer)
1 tbs. olive oil
3 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. dried basil
2 bay leaves
1¬2 tbs. minced garlic
5 c. low sodium beef broth + extra in case some boils down
1. Heat the olive oil, onion and minced garlic in a large saucepan or Dutch oven on medium/high heat.
2. Sauté until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
3. Add in the rest of the vegetables and sauté for another 10 minutes.
4. Add the can of diced tomatoes
5. Pour in the 5 C. of beef broth, if some boils down, you can always add more.
6. Add in the bay leaves, dried parsley and basil.
7. Simmer on medium heat until the vegetables are tender.
8. Serve with crackers or crusty bread and butter.