5 chicken breasts
5 bacon medallions
100 g low fat cheddar grated - (20 g per portion) or 3 sins per portion
1 bbq sauce see recipe below
1/2 brown onions diced
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 tin cirio chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp. cirio tomato puree
1/2 lemons juice only
1 tbsp. Schwartz perfect shake bbq classic seasoning this one
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 tbsp. franks buffalo wings hot sauce
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp sukrin 1
1. First Make the BBQ Sauce. Spray a frying pan with fry light and cook the onions and garlic until the onions are soft. Add the tomato puree & tinned tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes on high, stirring frequently. Add in the rest of the ingredients (last 9 in the list), lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, the sauce should thicken nicely.
2. You can make this in advance, just put it in an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to use.
3. To Make the Hunters Chicken. Wrap each chicken breast in a bacon medallion and secure it underneath with a cocktail stick. Place the wrapped chicken in the slow cooker.
4. Pour the BBQ sauce over the chicken, stir gently to make sure it is coated. Turn on the slow cooker and cook for 3 hours on High/Medium or 6 hours on Low.
5. When the chicken is cooked, remove them from the slow cooker and place them in an oven proof dish.
6. Check the consistency of the sauce. If it needs thickening slightly turn up the heat on the slow cooker and allow it to simmer, with the lid off for a couple of minutes.
7. Pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle each one with 20 g of grated cheese, then place under a pre heated grill until the cheese starts to brown. Serve with anything you want, salad, rice, baked potatoes and veg.