1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
1 jalapeño, seeded, finely chopped
1 pound bulk sausage, cooked and drained
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3/4 cup sliced green onions
2 cups low-fat Mexican blend cheese
9 corn tortillas
1/2 cup salsa, optional
pickled jalapeño slices, optional
1. In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and jalapeño with a whisk. Combine the sausage, chopped red pepper, green onions, jalapeño, and cheese in a separate bowl. Set both aside.
2. Spray a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place 3 tortillas in a slow cooker, tearing, if needed, to cover the bottom.
3. Top the tortillas in slow cooker with half of the sausage, bell pepper, green onion, and cheese mixture. Layer 3 tortillas on top, then top those tortillas with the rest of the sausage, vegetable, and cheese mixture. Top that layer with remaining 3 tortillas, tearing, if needed, to cover mixture. Pour egg mixture over tortillas.
4. Cover, and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or on the high setting for 2 to 3 hours, or until temperature reaches 160°F and center is set.
5. Serve with salsa, jalapeños, scallions, and whatever other toppings you wish.