1 lb. bacon
1 large onion, chopped
1 bell pepper
1 c. mushrooms
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1 teaspoon olive oil
10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
6 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Chop bacon and cook thoroughly. While bacon cooks, chop onion and shred cheese. Put bacon onto a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
2. Add chopped onion, mushroom, and bell pepper and stir to coat in bacon grease. When onion turns glossy, add thawed spinach, bacon, and stir to mix. Heat about 5 minutes, and then remove from heat to cool.
3. Stir together eggs, salt, pepper & heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl. Add in cheese, onion/spinach mixture, and bacon. Stir thoroughly to mix.
4. Butter a glass pie plate or quiche dish, pour mix in, and pat evenly with a fork.
5. Bake in 350 degrees F. oven 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting & serving.