6 apples of choice
12 teaspoons butter or margarine (light)
1/2 cup diabetic Splenda
6 ounces diet 7 up
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Pillsbury Biscuits (regular size)
1. Peel core and halve apples. Place 1 tsp. of butter or margarine in the hollow area of apple.
2. Place apple right side up in dish and set aside. Pour 7 up over apples as evenly as possible.
3. In bowl combine Splenda and cinnamon and mix very well. Sprinkle cinnamon mixture evenly over apples.
4. Cover apples with your choice: Pillsbury Biscuits (regular size), Biscuits Mix rolled out like pastry, your own pastry cover.
5. Bake in oven for 30 - 45 minutes (do not overbake). Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
6. Spoon sauce over dumpling. Serve topped with ice cream or your favorite. Or by itself.