1 large cabbage, cored
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons fresh finely chopped parsley
1 pound ground Turkey
2 cup cooked cauliflower rice, cooled
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup onion finely chopped
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Makes about 12 stuffed cabbage rolls.
2. In a large pot big enough for the head of cabbage, bring water to a boil. Cut the core out as best as possible leaving the cabbage whole. Place the cabbage in the boiling water. Cook for 8 minutes and then start peeling the leaves off in the boiling water by inserting a large spoon between the head of cabbage and an outer leaf. You want it to separate fairly easy so if it is not then cook longer. Take the leaves off one by one and set aside to cool. Do this for about 15 leaves.
3. If you want to make your own cauliflower rice just cut up pieces and pulse in a food processor to rice size pieces. Otherwise you can always buy it already riced. Place uncooked cauliflower rice in a pot with just enough water to cover and bring to a boil and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
4. In a bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside. In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, cauliflower rice, onion, egg whites, ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, and ¾ cup tomato mixture; mix well.
5. Place 1 cup tomato mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish. Cut off thick stem on the cabbage leaves by making a v cut. Place 1/4 cup meat mixture in the center of a leaf. To roll, starting at the end you cut the stem, folding over sides and rolling loosely. Place seam-side down in baking dish; repeat with remaining cabbage leaves and meat mixture. Pour the rest of the sauce mixture over the top. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove cover and cook for 10 minutes more. Enjoy!