1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into equal pieces
1 tbs. chili powder
1 tbs. ancho chili seasoning blend
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 bell peppers sliced into thin strips
1 onion, sliced
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1 lime, juiced
1 tbs. reduced fat Mexican blend cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. In a large oven safe grill pan, or skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
3. Trim chicken of any visible fat as needed.
4. In a small bowl combine chili powder, Ancho chili blend, salt & pepper. Season one side of chicken and place seasoned side chicken into heated skillet & season 2nd side of chicken.
5. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is browned.
6. Flip chicken. Add sliced peppers & onion to the skillet with the chicken arranging it around the chicken evenly Season veggies with 2 tsp chili powder & 1 tsp salt. Place skillet into oven & cook for 20 minutes, flipping veggies once.
7. Remove and squeeze lime juice over chicken and top with cheese. Place back into oven for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
8. Top with avocado. Nutritional Info: Calories 289, Calories from Fat 55, Total Fat 6.1g, Saturated Fat 1.4g, Trans Fat 0.0g, Cholesterol 132mg, Sodium 1266mg, Potassium 1079mg, Total Carbohydrates 7.5g, Dietary Fiber 2.6g, Sugars 3.8g, Protein 49.8g