8 oz. thinly sliced roast beef
8 slices provolone cheese
2 large green bell peppers
1 medium sweet onion
6 oz. baby Bella mushrooms
2 tbs. butter
2 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. garlic minced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
2. Slice onions and mushrooms. Sauté over medium heat with butter, olive oil, minced garlic and a little salt and pepper. Sauté until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 25-30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400*.
4. Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes. Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese. Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing.
5. Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.