1 pound bacon
12 oz. Italian Sausage (hot or mild is up to you) casings removed
12 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese coarsely grated
8 slices hard salami or large pepperoni
4-6 large basil leaves
6 oil packed sun dried tomatoes
1/4 cup very thinly sliced onion
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and move the rack to the top 1/3 of the oven. Prepare a cast iron or oven safe skillet with some coconut oil on the bottom and sides. Place the sliced bacon in the skillet from the center to the edge, allowing about half of the bacon slice to drape over the side of the skillet. Repeat until you have a bottom "crust" of bacon.
2. Press the Italian sausage into the skillet over the bacon on the bottom. Press it out all the way to the edges of the skillet and try to make it one even layer. Add the sun dried tomatoes. You can use them whole or chopped.
3. Then layer the cheese on top evenly all the way to the edges of the skillet. Then add the basil leaves, onion, salami and sprinkle the garlic over the top of everything.
4. Now take the sliced bacon that is draped over the side and fold it over your toppings toward the center. It kind of becomes a "package" of bacon.
5. Lightly pat everything down to make it tight. Place the skillet in your hot oven and bake for about 45 minutes. Increase the heat to 400 degrees and bake for 10 more minutes. The last two minutes, turn on your broiler to crisp up the top layer.
6. Remove from oven and pour off excess grease if you choose, careful to not let your pie fall out of the skillet (this may be a two person job). Allow the pie to rest in the skillet for at least 5 minutes to let the cheese set. Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese and set a side of marinara or Alfredo for dipping if you like (but you will have to add the nutrition of that to your totals).
7. Optional add ins: Sliced mushrooms, Green peppers or hot peppers, Leaf spinach or pretty much anything you would have on a pizza.