3 tbsp. butter, divided
4 lbs. new potatoes
1 small onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 tbsp. steak seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Wash and dry new potatoes.
3. Slice potatoes on a mandolin or with a sharp knife as thin as possible.
4. Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a cast iron skillet over medium-low heat, remove from heat when melted.
5. Begin layering potatoes over melted butter, slightly overlapping each slice until bottom is completely covered.
6. Sprinkle some onions, garlic and Italian & steak seasoning after each layer.
7. Continue layering potatoes, onions, garlic and seasonings until all the potatoes are used.
8. Top with remaining 1 tbsp. butter chopped and sprinkle top of potatoes with salt and pepper and a little Italian seasoning.
9. Place in oven and cook for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender and starting to brown.
10. Remove and let stand for 5 minutes.