1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp. each salt & pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons adobo sauce, from a can of chipotles in adobo
2 tablespoon honey
1 tbsp. each Dijon mustard and honey mustard
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
4 garlic cloves, minced
6 cups spring greens
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup torn fresh cilantro
4 green onions, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
1 cup low-sodium chicken or veg stock or water
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 lime, juiced and zest freshly grated
1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
1. Add the chicken breasts to a zip lock bag and season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, adobo, honey, mustards, cilantro and garlic. Pour the marinade over the chicken, covering it evenly. Place it in the fridge and marinate for at least 2 hours, or even overnight.
2. When you're ready to make the meal, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add a tiny bit of olive oil and add the chicken, then cover the skillet and cook until the chicken is deeply browned on both sides and cooked in the center, about 6 minutes per side.
4. To make the salads, add the greens in a large bowl and toss them with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Add the chicken on top along with the quinoa, the tomatoes, cilantro, green onions and avocado. Drizzle the bowl with the lime juice, olive oil and honey. Serve!
5. Lime quinoa. Add the quinoa and stock (or water) to a saucepan over high heat and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the coconut oil (you can swap butter), lime juice, zest, salt and pepper.