1 (15 ounce) cans unsweetened sliced peaches
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray a 9 inch round baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
3. Drain peaches, reserving 2 tablespoons of the juice.
4. Pat peaches dry between layers of paper towels and cut the peaches in half lengthwise.
5. In small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, reserved juice and 1 tablespoon of the melted butter.
6. Spread into prepared baking pan and top with peaches.
7. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
8. In separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg or egg substitute, vanilla and remaining butter.
9. Add to dry ingredients and stir until blended well.
10. Spoon over peaches and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
11. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto serving plan.
12. Best served warm.