1 egg, beaten
1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup sliced pepperoni, cut in half
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shaved, divided
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
Fresh ground pepper
6 thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup prepared marinara sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Pasta of choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13″ x 9″ pan with cooking spray.
2. If using thick chicken breasts, slice into each breast at it’s thickest point and continue the cut all the way through, creating two evenly sized rectangular pieces. Repeat with remaining pieces of chicken. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl combine egg, ricotta, 1/4 cup grated or shaved Parmesan, garlic, pepperoni, salt, pepper to taste, and 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley. Mix well.
4. Place about 2 tablespoons of the ricotta filling on the short end of a chicken breast. Gently roll the chicken over the filling and place it, seam side down, in the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
5. our the marinara sauce evenly over each piece of stuffed chicken. Top with mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and remaining 1 tablespoon of chopped Italian parsley.
6. Cover pan with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
7. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes or until no pink remains when you cut into chicken.
8. Remove from oven.