1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons white wine or champagne
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
2 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
1 ounce hot chile paste
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 small bag of snow peas
3 thinly sliced carrots
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
1/2 cup ounces peanuts
1. To make Marinade: combine 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture and mix together.
2. Place chicken pieces in a glass dish or bowl and add marinade. Toss to coat.
3. Cover dish and place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
4. To make Sauce: in a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture, chili paste, vinegar and sugar.
5. Mix together and add green onion, garlic, snow peas, sliced carrots and peanuts. In a medium skillet, heat sauce slowly until aromatic.
6. Meanwhile, remove chicken from marinade and saute in a large skillet until meat is white and juices run clear.
7. When sauce is smelling good, add sauteed chicken to it and let simmer together until sauce thickens.