1 lb Lean Ground Beef
1 lg Onion, diced
1 cup Uncooked Rice
1 14.5 oz can Hunts “flavored” diced tomatoes
1 Can Tomato Sauce (14.5oz can)
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Basil
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
1 Box Chicken Stock (32oz)
2 cups water
2 tbsp powdered Beef Stock
3 Sweet Bell Peppers
1. In a large fry pan (just a pat of butter) over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef with the onions and rice. Browning the rice gives it a nice nutty flavor – do not allow it to burn.
2. Meanwhile dice your peppers into small ½" pieces, set side
3. In large pot add: вiced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, chicken stock, water, and powdered beef stock, then allow it to come to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer with cover for 30 minutes then add the peppers and allow it to cook another 15-20 minutes (some types of rice may need longer cooking times)
5. Serve with grated cheese on top.