5-6 (depending on size) tri-color bell peppers
1 pound lean ground beef or turkey, uncooked
1 cup rice, cooked
1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup red enchilada sauce
¾ cup shredded Mexican cheese
½ tablespoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
salt and pepper
shredded mexican cheese
1. Spray the bottom of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place the peppers inside.
2. In a large bowl combine ground beef or turkey, rice, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, cheese, seasoning and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
3. Place the filling into the cavity of each pepper.
4. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours or until the meat is cooked through.
5. Serve immediately with some of the optional toppings, if desired.