1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon mild yellow curry powder
Pinch of ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 cup canned coconut milk
1/4 cup water
1 pound raw, peeled, deveined shrimp
Cilantro for garnish
1. If you haven't already defrosted your shrimp, if using frozen, do that while you prepare the sauce. The shrimp will be thawed and ready to cook by the time the sauce is done.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium sized sauté pan on medium heat. Add the chopped onion.
3. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the curry powder, cardamom, and salt. Cook for two more minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk and water, simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp to the curry sauce and spread out evenly in the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp has turned from grey to pink and is just cooked through. Do not overcook or the shrimp will be rubbery.
6. Serve with cilantro for garnish. Serve with basmati rice or better yet, coconut basmati rice.