5 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 large white onion, roughly chopped
2 carrots, roughly chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. tomato paste
3 cups chicken broth
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
¼ cup coconut milk
2 tbsp. cooking fat
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Add some cooking fat to a large saucepan placed over a medium heat and cook the onion and carrot until soft, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and cook another minute or two.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, and chicken broth. Season to taste with and salt and pepper and stir everything together.
4. Bring to a boil; then lower the heat and let simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
5. Stir in the coconut milk. Then either use an immersion blender or remove the soup to put it through a food processor until smooth.