8 brown tomatoes cut into slices
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup of almond meal
2 tbsp, fresh basil, minced
1 tbsp of dried oregano
1/2 tbsp. dried thyme
1 tbsp of garlic powder
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Lay the tomato slices on a baking sheet. Sprinkle them generously with salt on both sides, and let sit for 30 min.
2. In a bowl combine the almond meal, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Whisk the two eggs in a small bowl.
4. Lay the tomato slices on a paper towel. Top with another layer of paper towel and press on the tomatoes to dry them well.
5. Dip each tomato slice in egg, then in the almond meal mixture, and set the crusted slices on a baking tray.
6. Preheat the olive oil in a pan placed over a medium-high heat, and cook the tomatoes on both sides until they are a nice brown and feel crispy.