2 egg whites
1/2 cup water
4 tsp ground flaxseed
Pinch of salt
1 avocado, diced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
1/4 cup onion, finely diced
1/4 cup baked tilapia or other protein
Handful of spinach leaves
1 tsp coconut oil
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the tortilla (2 eggs, 2 egg whites, 1/2 cup water, 4 tsp ground flaxseed, рinch of salt). Preheat the oven broiler.
2. Heat a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat and coat well with coconut oil spray. Pour half of the tortilla mixture into the pan and swirl to evenly distribute. Using a metal spatula, loosen the edges of the tortilla from the pan.
3. Cook a couple of minutes until golden brown on the bottom, and then carefully slide the spatula under the tortilla to loosen it from the bottom of the pan. Do not flip yet.
4. Place the pan under the broiler for 3-4 minutes until the tortilla gets a little bubbly.
5. Remove the tortilla from the pan, setting on a piece of aluminum foil. Repeat with other half of tortilla mixture.
6. After the tortillas are done broiling, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a separate small pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
7. Add the onions and peppers and sauté for 5-8 minutes, until soft. Add the spinach into the pan and wilt.
8. Place all of the fillings down the center of the tortillas and wrap tightly. Place into the oven for 5-8 minutes to set the shape of the tortilla. Enjoy.