4 sweet potatoes
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 tbsp. fresh chives, minced
Cooking fat, melted
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 F.
2. Bake the sweet potatoes until almost tender (35 to 40 minutes).
3. Allow the sweet potatoes to cool down. Then peel them, grate them into a bowl, and season to taste.
4. Grease a muffin pan generously with cooking fat.
5. Scoop 2 to 3 tablespoons of sweet potato into each muffin cup.
6. Use your fingers to make a nest shape in each muffin cup.
7. Return the muffin shells to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
8. Crack an egg into each nest, season to taste, and sprinkle with fresh chives.
9. Place back into the oven and cook until the eggs are set, about 10 to 12 minutes.
10. Remove the nests from the pan, and serve topped with crumbled bacon.