1 pound(s) salmon fillet(s), (wild caught)
1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
2 teaspoon(s) coconut oil
1 large shallot(s), diced
3 medium garlic clove(s), minced
1 medium lemon zest
1 medium lemon(s), juiced
1/2 cup(s) coconut milk, full fat
2 tablespoon(s) basil, fresh, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place salmon in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle both sides with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add coconut oil, garlic and shallots.
4. Sauté until garlic and shallots soften, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and coconut milk, and bring liquid to a low boil.
6. Reduce heat and add basil.
7. Pour over salmon and bake uncovered for about 10-20 minutes, or until salmon has reached desired temperature.