4 bone-in chicken thighs
¼ teaspoon sea salt
⅛ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon oil
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons harissa
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 garlic clove, grated on a microplane
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Place the chicken thighs (and the oil if you're using skinless thighs) in a small ovenproof (preferably cast iron) skillet and season it with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
2. Cover the pan (with a lid or foil) and bake it for 15 minutes.
3. While the chicken is cooking prepare the sauce.
4. Whisk together the honey, harissa, white vinegar and garlic in a small frying pan over medium high heat.
5. Bring it to a boil and continue to boil it, whisking constantly, until the sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove the sauce from the heat.
6. After 15 minutes remove the chicken from the oven and drain off and liquid. Increase the oven temp to broil at 450.
7. Place the chicken back in the oven, uncovered, on the second rack from the top. Broil for 10 minutes.
8. Remove the chicken from the oven and drain off any liquid.
9. Pour the honey harissa sauce over the chicken and toss it to coat then put it back in the oven to broil for 5 minutes more. Serve it immediately.