½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup arrowroot flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
¾ cup plus 2 tbsp of honey
2 tbsp almond milk
5 tbs liquid coconut oil
¾ cup frozen tart cherries
1 ½ cups fresh or canned chopped pineapple
1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Place the coconut, arrowroot flour, baking powder and salt in a food processor and pulse a few time to combine.
2. Sift the flour mixture in a bowl and set aside. In the food processor add the coconut oil, almond milk and honey. Pulse a few time until combine well.
3. Dump the cherries and pineapple into an 8×4 inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly the coconut mix over the top of the fruit. Drizzle evenly the honey mixture over the surface of the coconut mix
4. Bake in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes, then cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature with dollop of coconut whipped cream if using.
6. To make the coconut whipped cream, chill the coconut milk and remove the lid. Gently scoop out the coconut cream and put it in a bowl.
7. Add the rest of ingredients and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until light and fluffy and soft peaks form.