1 cup plantain flour
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of cloves
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 large pasture-raised eggs
1 cup apple, minced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1-2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
1. In a large mixing bowl add plantain flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and baking soda. Stir to combine with a large spoon.
2. Whisk eggs in a small bowl.
3. Add minced apple, lemon juice and whisked eggs to the flour mixture and stir to combine well.
4. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10.25 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
5. While the skillet is heating up, mold a tablespoon of the apple mixture between your hands and form it into a patty.
6. Add 3 patties to the skillet at a time. If using a different size pan or your patties are larger/smaller, just try not to crowd.
7. Cook each patty for 3-5 minutes on each side to brown and cook through evenly. Transfer cooked patties to a plate and repeat with the final 3 burgers.
8. Serve your apple burgers topped with any leftover minced apple and a drizzle of maple syrup. You can serve them over the top of a salad or topped with homemade or local stone-ground mustard.